Powered by WebAds

Monday, December 15, 2014

Reuven Yerachmiel ben Avraham Yaakov


It's been a very emotional day, and this is the first time I have been online at all.

Some of you might have kept track and realized that today is the 8th day since my grandson was born, and therefore surmised that his Brith Mila (circumcision) took place today. Jewish baby boys are named at their circumcision.

The picture at the top is my Dad z"l with me when I was about 10 months old (kind of funny because it was Mom a"h who played the piano and not Dad).

The picture at the bottom is my newest grandson, who is now named Reuven Yerachmiel after my Dad.

While I was prepared for that, the thing for which I was unprepared was that my son called me to give the name at the Brith....

And my son is named after my father's father, which means that my grandson will God willing be called to the Torah in 13 years less one week in the exact same way that my father was.

May all of you have the nachath (good feeling and overwhelmingly so) that I got from my children today.

(Corrected).

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My father passed away before Shavuot, and my grandson was born in the beginning of Tammuz and named after my father. I also gave the name at the brit, and it was a source of great comfort. May you only continue to have nachat from all of your children and grandchildren

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Esther said...

May Hashem give you great nachas from each and every one of them. May they be a credit to Am Yisrael. Your hard work is paying off b'h!!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Gershon said...

Beautiful. Enjoy them all.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger InMemoryOf Yossi said...

Mazel tov Carl! A sach nachas. It's beautiful the circle of names. Goldie has the same exact name as the great great grandmother she was named after.
You should only know from simchos! May we continue to share simchos.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Mordechai Y. Scher said...

Amen to your b'rachah.

And Mazal Tov! May you merit to see him become great in Torah and Yirat Shamayim and Ahavat Israel, to build a bayit neeman b'yisrael (tartei mashma), and to do fine things for Israel and others in general.

I'm not used to seeing the 'naming' given out. I was at a milah today and they gave me the naming. I was honored; but it is the first time I've seen given out like that.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Herb Glatter said...

Touching story, Mazel Tov to all

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Haddock said...

mazzl tov!
a lot of nachess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google